Trust in the Lord with all your heart; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:4-5
When I raise my hands that way in a worship service I often feel like a small child with her arms raised to be held by a loving parent. It is only a trusting heart that can so surrender: arms open, heart exposed, hands not grasping anything or hiding something behind the back. “Here I am God! I know you love me and trust you with this life!” Proverbs 3:4-5 says: Trust in the Lord with all your heart; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
Psalm 9:10 promises that “those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD have never forsaken those who seek you.” (italics mine) If you are having a hard time trusting God in any area of your life it may be that you have not yet learned His Name. Let me give you a quick list of some of the names of God we find throughout the Bible:
- ELOHIM – creator, preserver, transcendent, mighty and strong
- EL SHADDAI – God Almighty or God All Sufficient
- ADONAI – master, Lord
- YAHWEH – The covenant name of God. From the verb “to be”: The Self-Existent One, I AM WHO I AM or I WILL BE WHO I WILL BE
- JEHOVAH – Lord
- JEHOVAH-JIREH – The Lord will Provide
- JEHOVAH-ROPHE – The Lord Who Heals
- JEHOVAH-NISSI – The Lord Our Banner
- JEHOVAH-M’KADDESH – The Lord Who Sanctifies; To make whole, set apart for holiness.
- JEHOVAH-SHALOM – The Lord Our Peace (“Shalom” translated “peace” 170 times means: whole, finished, fulfilled, perfected. Shalom means that kind of peace that results from being a whole person in right relationship to God and to one’s fellow man.
- JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU – The Lord Our Righteousness
- JEHOVAH-ROHI – The Lord our Shepherd
- JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH – iThe Lord is There
- JEHOVAH-SABAOTH – The Lord of Hosts, the commander of the angelic host and the armies of God
- EL ELYON – Most High
I hope that you have had a personal encounter with God in which He was able to show you personally a part of His nature in such a way that gave you hope and confidence in Him! For me God has shown me continually that He is not only faithful, but He is faithfulness. He is the very substance and beginning of it in such a way that it is not separate from Him.